Wednesday, April 12, 2017

He Will Rejoice Over You ~ The Card Concept


Hello everyone! Today starts a new challenge over at The Card Concept challenge blog based on the picture below...  


I get stumped sometimes figuring out which "style" of card I've created...is it vintage? Layered? Shabby? Mixed Media?  All of the above? I'm not sure!  One thing is sure, I was inspired by those gorgeous colours and butterflies! I know you must be asking where is my doily?!  I was making this card for some dear friends who lost their young son in law and a doily just wasn't in that plan.  Sympathy cards are always tricky but I love to put some kind of quote on them instead of "with sympathy."  I feel these quotes are more uplifting and perhaps might add to the healing after a sad loss.

I hope you'll head over to The Card Concept blog to see all the different interpretations from the Design Team then join in the fun!  Have a great day!





Stamps: Scripture Medley 3, Sparkly Dreams (Verve)
Dies: Butterfly Dreams Die Set (Verve)

3 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Maureen, I love your gorgeous card! The Scripture verse is perfect for a sympathy card as well as the pretty butterflies and other details. I am so sorry for your friend's loss and I am sure that they will be comforted by your thoughtfulness. Hugs and I hope you have a wonderful Easter week, sweet friend!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Maureen, I love the pretty spring colors in your card! It is so bright and cheerful!
Take Care!
Michele

Vicki Finger said...

I'm with you on the "getting stumped" trying to decide the style. I love your card and I think you have Shabby Chic down to an art form here. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...